Re: [eclipse.org-project-leadership] Mailing lists {WAS: Automated Error Reporting - Sign up for Weekly Problem Digests for your Project]

Ack! Sorry. Yes, I should have been more specific.

We have three public mailing lists for ICE, but what if someone wants to just send something to an inbox and not join a list? We have found over the past few years that many users prefer a single project email instead of a public list. (Government types, you know. Most of the time we end up forwarding their letter to the list!)

Alternatively, what if we want to CC an email address on all of our bug reports that is not a list but we all have access to? What if someone wants to email us a question that they don't feel like putting on a public list like "What can I do to use ICE in my proprietary project at company X?"

Certainly we could just use my email address for these things, but that is not appealing for a variety of reasons. Ideally we could have a single project inbox that we could all monitor for these communication edge cases. So we created eclipse.ice.project@xxxxxxxxx because we thought that we could only get mailing lists through the Foundation.

Jay