Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] eclipse.ini changes and restarts

Thank you Titouan for confirming that.

Jonah

~~~
Jonah Graham (he/him)
Kichwa Coders
www.kichwacoders.com

On Thu, 28 Sept 2023 at 04:00, Titouan Vervack <titouan.vervack@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Jonah,

From our point of view the restart is what we want to see. Showing the dialog should only be considered if the restart wouldn't make it to the next release, or if noone can be found to work on the restart issue.

Cheers,
Titouan

Titouan Vervack

R&D Engineer

Sigasi nv - Kerkstraat 108, 9050 Gentbrugge, Belgium

On Wed, Sep 27, 2023 at 6:12 PM Jonah Graham <jonah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Titouan,

I am left a little unsure how to proceed here. Let me ask you (and Sebastian) this in another way:

Does the Planning Council, especially the members who highlighted the restart issue, want restart to work or are we satisfied in simply detecting when it may not work and displaying an error to the user asking them to manually shutdown and restart?

I think the answer to that question does change the scope of the problem and solution somewhat. I would like to see Restart actually work even if eclipse.ini is changed. I have (occasionally) edited eclipse.ini to change Xmx and would have liked restart to pick up those changes.

Jonah

~~~
Jonah Graham (he/him)
Kichwa Coders