Says: "September 5/2018 - IP Log submission deadline "

Is this still true?

Dani

----- Forwarded by Daniel Megert/Zurich/IBM on 18.08.2018 17:44 -----

From:        Daniel Megert/Zurich/IBM
To:        Eclipse Planning Council private list <eclipse.org-planning-council@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        27.07.2018 11:49
Subject:        Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Opt-in process

> The CQ submission deadline for third-party dependencies will be at the end of Week 1 of the 13 week release cycle
This seems a bit early. For this release it would have been in the same week as we shipped Photon.
I assume this does not include new code contributed to a project by a contributor. When is that deadline planned?

It would be good to provide dates for the IP Log and review deadline. I found this page with dates: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Category:SimRel-2018-09#Non-wiki_pages_related_to_2018-09_Release.

Dani

From:        Wayne Beaton <wayne.beaton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        Eclipse Planning Council private list <eclipse.org-planning-council@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        26.07.2018 18:06
Sent by:        eclipse.org-planning-council-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Given the compressed timelines, along with the assumption that the subset of projects that will participate in each iteration will be smaller that the usual "big bang" in June, I'm going to change how we determine dates for things like CQ, and IP Log deadlines, and timing of release reviews.

Here's what I propose:

The CQ submission deadline for third-party dependencies will be at the end of Week 1 of the 13 week release cycle. The IP Team will, naturally, do their best to accommodate exceptions.

Project teams that are contributing new content (i.e. a major, minor, or service release) should create a release record before the end of week 3. This is, effectively, the opt-in deadline for any particular cycle. We have some related bugs open regarding how we declare and track participation; addressing these needs to be part of a larger discussion of what we're tracking and why. Note that the IP Team has started using the dates on release records as part of their planning/prioritization; specifying release dates early really helps with this.

We'll time the Release Reviews (for major and minor releases; reviews are not required for service releases) to use the slot that's closest to the actual release date. Reviews are run on the first and third Wednesdays of the month (which is the same as the GA date in the 2018-09 iteration).  IP Logs will be due two week ahead of this.

I will periodically run a scan of the aggregate repository to ensure that all of the third party content there has been properly vetted by the IP Team and raise a flag as early as possible when I detect something. This should, hopefully, avoid surprises at release time.

Voice your concerns soon, please.

Wayne

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 3:38 AM, Mélanie Bats <melanie.bats@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

During the call yesterday, the opt-in process was discussed.

The opt-in process is still not clear for everyone. It was written on the FAQ[1] : "The period to join the simultaneous release is at the beginning of any cycle, four times a year. The project needs to declare its intention to join before the +0 (Friday) of the M1 release week. The "statement of intent" is still exactly the same as today: projects must formally announce their participation on the cross-projects-issues-dev mailing list.
Once a year, EMO will take care of organizing the “opt-in” process as it is today, so that all projects already in the train can declare their intention to continue. Those not opting to continue will be removed, but can be re-added should their intention change."

This means that projects should opt-in before July 13th for the 2018-09 release.

We agreed during the call that the opt-in will occur once a year after the June release and means that project will be in for a year.

If it is ok, I will clarify the situation on the FAQ and on cross-project.

Best regards,

[1]
https://wiki.eclipse.org/SimRel/Simultaneous_Release_Cycle_FAQ
--
Mélanie Bats
CTO

*Obeo*

25 Boulevard Victor Hugo - Colomiers - France
http://www.obeo.fr

IMPORTANT: Membership in this list is generated by processes internal to the Eclipse Foundation.  To be permanently removed from this list, you must contact
emo@xxxxxxxxxxxto request removal.

--
Wayne Beaton
Director of Open Source Projects