[eclipse.org-planning-council] New and Noteworthy for Photon

Hey Planning Council.

I'm engaged with my usual annual fun with the marketing team at the Eclipse Foundation, trying to sort out our messaging for Photon.

I have the New and Noteworthy's from the Eclipse Project and am doing my usual annual parse through them. I haven't located the New and Noteworthy's from any other project's yet, but will sort out a plan to sort that out in the next day or so.

There's all sorts of good stuff in there. Java 10 support is, in particular I think, a big part of our message.

But the good stuff coming out of the Eclipse Project only provides part of the picture.

My sense is that Rust support (and LSP/TextMate support in general) is important, and that the change in how we're doing releases is significant.

We need to boil it down to marketing-speak, which means 5(ish) bullets with some supporting materials. The target audience is the user community.

I need some help.

In your opinion (at a high level) what are the compelling 5(ish) things that we need the user community to know about this release?

Thanks,

Wayne

--
Wayne Beaton