Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] SimRel Naming

Mélanie,

That sounds fine to me, except I'm not sure what you mean by "downloads".  The EEP packages p2 repos are currently in http://download.eclipse.org/technology/epp/downloads/release/* so probably that one should be http://download.eclipse.org/technology/epp/downloads/release/YYYY-MM; but the release train repos generally reference the corresponding EPP repo, so mostly the public doesn't see the EPP URL (though it's used the Oomph's Product Catalog).   Also http:/download.eclipse.org redirects to https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/ which already points at the latest release's EPP downloads via some magic.   So probably we should/need only worry about the p2 repo URLs and not about download site URLs; they use magical redirection via the eclipse.org host which is also what provides the public facing URLs for accessing downloads.

I fear we are so quagmired by naming that technically important considerations such as which URLs are composites and which simple repos are composed by them are lost as secondary details.  Yet these are the fundamental deliverables as well as the vehicle by which they are delivered to the public.

Thanks so much Mélanie for helping lead this herd of cats!

Regards,
Ed