Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Simultaneous Release Naming

Hi Gunnar,

Le 03/05/2018 à 11:02, Gunnar Wagenknecht a écrit :
Based on the solution given I scanned through the meeting minutes and found the ones from April:
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Planning_Council/April_4_2018

I just saw that there was a call yesterday. Apologize if someone brought this to your attention already and this is duplicate info. However, I do believe there is an issue with the selected name.

I confirm this was rediscussed during the yesterday call, I will put the minutes online later today.

I also don't buy into the "inclusive" claim. I really think that the Planning Council should accept reality and focus the Simultaneous Release towards the Desktop IDE. As such, I'd like to see a specific name becoming a brand synonym for the Eclipse Desktop IDE. FWIW, "Eclipse IDE" is sufficient for me personally and it was part of a branding discussion. But I'm not a branding expert so my name selection skills should not be considered a viable solution.

This was also discussed yesterday during the call.

Thanks for your comments,
--
Mélanie Bats
CTO

*Obeo*
25 Boulevard Victor Hugo - Colomiers - France
http://www.obeo.fr

Back to the top