Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Simultaneous Release Brainstorming

Hi,

Le 06/03/2018 à 19:56, Frederic Gurr a écrit :
Can someone remind me what the purpose of the second checkpoint (C2) is?
Why is it not a milestone instead?

The purpose of the second checkpoint was to provide a step to synchronize the projects without the test phase, we will not build EPP packages.

I'm a bit concerned about the "quiet week" becoming just "quiet 3 days".
It usually takes already 1-2 days to even fix a bug/discuss if a re-spin
should happen.
In this scenario re-spins will need to be an absolute exception - which
they should be anyways. So if the bug does not literally set the machine
on fire, user will need to wait for 13 weeks! ;)

From my point of view, in this case we will discuss and delayed/reschedule an intermediate release.
And as you said that should be an absolute exception.

Best regards,
--
Mélanie Bats
CTO

*Obeo*
25 Boulevard Victor Hugo - Colomiers - France
http://www.obeo.fr

Back to the top