Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Simultaneous ReleaseBrainstorming

So... should we say it's OK to deprecate anything for any of the .0, .1, .2, or .3 releases, but you can only remove API once (or twice) a year?

On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 11:25 AM, Mélanie Bats <melanie.bats@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Le 05/10/2017 à 17:24, Daniel Megert a écrit :
 > we should forbid deprecation on each version,

What is bad with deprecating an API? It does not cause any harm except for additional warnings in the code.

Deprecation is not bad just we should insure that we still have enough time before deletion to update depending projects.

--
Mélanie Bats
CTO

*Obeo*
25 Boulevard Victor Hugo - Colomiers - France
http://www.obeo.fr