Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Simultaneous ReleaseBrainstorming

Le 05/10/2017 à 17:14, Mikaël Barbero a écrit :
No worries, it was way too abstruse.

You said that we could convert update releases to normal releases, but we should probably allow breakage in only one or two. Then, what is the difference between an update release and a normal release where breakage is not allowed?

My feeling is that that we sould allow breakage on each new version but we should forbid deprecation on each version, I mean we could introduce API breakage wherever we want but we should keep the old APIS long enough that each depending projects get time to update.

--
Mélanie Bats
CTO

*Obeo*
25 Boulevard Victor Hugo - Colomiers - France
http://www.obeo.fr

Back to the top