Feel free to edit the wiki if you think I've misquoted/misrepresented your ideas, want to add more pros/cons, or propose different dates.

Cheers,

Nick

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 11:47 AM, Daniel Megert <daniel_megert@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
As close as possible. We just have to make sure that project depending on JDT test and also ship. I'd say max, 1 week after GA.

Dani

From:        Mike Milinkovich <mike.milinkovich@eclipse-foundation.org>
To:        eclipse.org-planning-council@eclipse.org
Date:        27.07.2017 19:29
Subject:        Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Finalizing the Eclipse Oxygen.x update release dates
Sent by:        eclipse.org-planning-council-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On 2017-07-27 1:32 AM, Daniel Megert wrote:
My preference is to have a special release after Java 9 goes GA where we would also put in JUnit 5 support (assuming it goes GA on time).

How long after?

The Eclipse Java IDE will take heat from developers if Java 9 support is not offered immediately.

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@eclipse-foundation.org

IMPORTANT: Membership in this list is generated by processes internal to the Eclipse Foundation.  To be permanently removed from this list, you must contact emo@xxxxxxxxxxx to request removal.