Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Meeting this Wednesday

Hi,

Le 27/02/2017 à 22:06, Wayne Beaton a écrit :

Note that I've added a biggie to the list: with all the talk about
having an extra release to coincide with the Java 9 release, we've
neglected to ask why we need a release in both June and July. The Java 9
release date (which by all accounts is pretty stable) is about a month
after our planned Oxygen date. Is there any reason why we shouldn't just
move the Oxygen.0 date (other than "we've always done it that way") ?

Feel free to answer here. It would be great if you can come to the
meeting armed with an answer to that question.

The preferred solution from our point of view is to keep Oxygen.0 date as usual and announce that Java9 will be supported in Oxygen.1 in September. Then we could update the Oxygen.1 release date to the beginning/mid September instead of end of the month. We think that September would be a better time to communicate and spread the world.

Another point, is that we do not know how to test our components with Java9 (there is no HIPP/no Tycho version supporting Java9) and we would like to know how the others are dealing with this.

Best regards,
--
Mélanie Bats
Eclipse Modeling Consultant

*Obeo*
25 Boulevard Victor Hugo - Colomiers - France
http://www.obeo.fr

Back to the top