From:        Nick Boldt <nboldt@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        Eclipse Planning Council private list <eclipse.org-planning-council@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date:        07/07/2016 01:06 PM
Subject:        Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Planning the release dates for Oxygen.0 and Neon.X update releases
Sent by:        eclipse.org-planning-council-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

+1 for David's changes to Neon [1] & Oxygen [2] dates.

[1]
https://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php?title=Neon%2FSimultaneous_Release_Plan&type=revision&diff=407722&oldid=407647
[2]
https://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php?title=Oxygen%2FSimultaneous_Release_Plan&type=revision&diff=407715&oldid=407649

I fixed two typos:

https://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php?title=Oxygen%2FSimultaneous_Release_Plan&type=revision&diff=407759&oldid=407715

= = = =

For the Oxygen dates, we now have Oxygen milestones dropping 5 (or 6,
in March) days before Neon.X.GA releases, DURING the Neon.X Quiet
Periods.

eg., Neon.1 Quiet Period is Sep 16-27, with GA on Sep 28. Oxygen.0.M2
will drop between Sep 16 and 22, with its release on Sep 23.

This seems reasonable as the quiet period for the Neon update release
SHOULD be quiet, giving time for Oxygen milestone content to be
readied at the same time. A similar line up appears for Neon.2 /
Oxygen.0.M4 and Neon.3 / Oxygen.0.M6. I checked the dates and they
seem legit.

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/59631492.jpg

https://wiki.eclipse.org/Oxygen/Simultaneous_Release_Plan#Schedule

https://wiki.eclipse.org/Neon/Simultaneous_Release_Plan#Schedules