Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Buildship to join Mars

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 10:57 AM, Mike Milinkovich <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 10/04/2015 11:57 AM, Ian Bull wrote:
a lot of users will judge our Gradle support with this release. Are we confident that the project will meet the expectations of those users?

Are you perhaps conflating "shipping with Mars" with "including Buildship in the packages and making a big marketing deal about it"?

I certainly am. If it's only a matter of having Gradle support for Mars, then an entry in the marketplace is enough. What are the advantages of being on the train vs being listed prominently in the MarketPlace? Would that approach give us the advantage of having Gradle support with less risk?

Cheers,
Ian