The key is that we should not toss out an idea right now because of our current way of working. Change is possible. However, for any of this to happen, the PC as a whole isn't going to do it. Someone will need to step up and be the driving force (write a proposal).

Cheers, and I hope everyone made it home safe!
Ian

On Sun, Mar 23, 2014 at 12:27 PM, Doug Schaefer <dschaefer@xxxxxxx> wrote:
+1 for the great work on Java 8. It's letting us get out of the block with JavaFX with some speed :).

Sorry for missing the meeting since I was in flight. I just want to relay that moving to more frequent releases has been a godsend for us on CDT. I'm working on a feature and I don't think it'll be ready for June. But no sweat. I'll just get it in for September. Having to wait for next June would be a disservice to the community.

One thing to watch out for will be the workload on the Foundation staff. You should have seen the look on Sharon's face when I asked if it would be too much if all the projects released every four months :). We'll need to find the right balance.

Doug.

From: eclipse.org-planning-council-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [eclipse.org-planning-council-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Ian Bull [irbull@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2014 2:40 PM
To: Eclipse Planning Council private list
Subject: Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Face to Face meeting

Hi everyone, sorry for the delay in the meeting minutes. It was a rather busy week ;). There were only a few of us there, so nothing concrete was decided. The biggest discussion was related to rolling-releases and the need / desire for some projects to get their bits into their users hands much quicker. However, like everything, no action will be taken unless someone puts together a concrete proposal.

Thanks to everyone who attended, and for the great week. There was a really good 'vibe' this year at EclipseCon. Dani, you should be very proud of your team. IMHO, Java 8 and the support that Eclipse shipped provided drove a lot of that excitement!

Cheers,
Ian