[eclipse.org-planning-council] Luna participation

Greetings Planning Council.

With Kepler, I populated the "participating projects" page [1] in the PMI based on the contents of the portal. As projects showed up late, I updated the page manually.

I've created a page for Luna [2] and have updated the process in the documentation [3].

The short version is that I've turned things around with the new implementation. In the old implementation, a project had to "flip the bit" in their own project metadata via the portal. This was pretty difficult to track as there was no notification when a change occurred, and there was no restriction on when the bit could be flipped. Several projects added themselves retroactively to one or more releases.

The current implementation starts from the Simultaneous Release record. To that record, I can add a project, version, and offset. My intention is open this functionality up to Planning Council members, but I haven't got that implemented yet. In the meantime, it has to be me that makes the change.

I will monitor the cross-project-issues-dev mailing list and update the record as declarations of participation come in. I'll look to the top-level project representatives on the Planning Council to make sure that no projects are forgotten (i.e. tell me if you notice a discrepancy). Making projects use the mailing list has the benefit of ensuring that they're actually on the mailing list. It has the further advantage of giving me an opportunity to press projects to create a release record and populate it with plan information. Again, I look to the top-level project representatives to assist with this.

There is likely going to be some confusion, especially for projects that have been participating for a while. I will make an announcement on the cross-project-issues-dev mailing list describing the change in process.

Wayne

[1] https://projects.eclipse.org/releases/kepler
[2] https://projects.eclipse.org/releases/luna
[3] http://wiki.eclipse.org/SimRel/Simultaneous_Release_Requirements#State_intent_early_.28M4.29
--
Wayne Beaton
Director of Open Source Projects, The Eclipse Foundation

Back to the top