Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Finalizing the list of Kepler+1 Names

> Mike, lucky for you it sounds like what's old is new again so you don't
have to
> feel as old.  Seems like there's enough agreement to strike that name from
the
> list.

You will notice that the people who have had a similar reaction to me are
all old enough to have been around in the 70's. It's unfortunate, but at the
time it was quite a cultural phenomenon.

I honestly think that since there is about to be a Linda Lovelace biopic
released - with (I assume) a full Hollywood studio promotion - "Lovelace" is
not a usable release name in 2013. From a purely practical perspective, I
can recall how many of my web searches were unusable when the "Eclipse"
movie was released a few years ago.

Which is all to say that I hope that "... there's enough agreement to strike
that name from the list."

Back to the top