Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Reminder of "first Wednesday" meeting 12:00 PM (Eastern).

I believe that we really need to discuss Tom's comment in the cross-project list today:

--
"If these bundles are in the repository, shouldn't the owning projects be Juno particpants?"

I don't know the correct answer, but it strikes me as odd that we allow non-eclipse third party dependencies to be added to the repo, but when it comes to a dependency on another project's bundles we force the other owning project to participate fully in the release.  What if the project does not want to participate?  What if there is an IP acceptable alternative (non-eclipse) project that could be used?  Would we prefer the use of that non-eclipse third party technology over the eclipse one simple because the owning eclipse project does not want to participate in the Juno release?  It seems to me that such cases should be treated as any other third party dependency and we should not force the owning project to participate in the release.
--

Wayne