[eclipse.org-planning-council] Does Simultaneous release mean that we release on the same day

In my mind, "simultaneous release" means that projects all release at the same time (i.e. the same day).

Several projects opt to do releases in advance of the actual simultaneous release and basically just coast into the simultaneous release date. I find this a little weird.

soa.bpel comes to mind as a for-instance. They did their 1.0 release/graduation on May 2/2012.

Does anybody else think that this is weird? Do I just need to get over it?

Wayne
--
Wayne Beaton
The Eclipse Foundation