[eclipse.org-planning-council] Important Indigo Dates

Greetings Indigo participants. Here are some important dates:

As many of you already know, the IP team is down a resource at the
moment. To help them, please think very carefully whether you need
something for the release train before entering your requirements. They
want to make sure that we focus on the right priorities. Please enter
your contribution questionnaires via the Portal no later than February
11, 2011 (and sooner if you can) for any third party packages that you
would like to include in the release train. Indicate that you need it
for Indigo (we won’t assume that just because you are on the train you
need everything for that release) and the IP Team will make sure it
appropriately prioritized. In order to allow the IP team to focus, we’re
not going to be running any restructuring reviews that require their
participation (e.g. moves) between January 1st and July 1st. If you have
any questions please let me know.

This year’s big release review will be run from June 1-8, 2011. We’ll
need the review documentation prior to the June 1, 2011 start date.
Since we have so many projects coming in at the same time, we’ll need a
little extra time to do the IP Log checks; please submit your IP Logs
prior to May 18, 2011. I am prepared to assist with the assembly of IP
Logs and can do a “warm up check” for any project that feels they need
one at any time between now and then. Please let me know if you want to
take advantage of this offer.

To summarize:

February 11, 2011 - Last day to enter CQs for Indigo projects
May 18, 2011 - Please submit your IP Logs
June 1, 2011 - Review documentation submitted to EMO for release review
June 1-8, 2011 - Review period.

There are some tools that might help you assemble the pieces for your IP
log on the Project Tools page [1].

Later this week, I'd like to start rolling out the new IP Log tools for
review and feedback. If you'd like to volunteer to test, please let me know.

Thanks,

Wayne

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/projects/tools

Back to the top