Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Notes and Calendar from 8/5 PC Meeting

+1 for one calendar.

Tom

Inactive hide details for John Arthorne ---08/06/2009 09:32:44 AM---> but, does anyone think we need multiple calendars?John Arthorne ---08/06/2009 09:32:44 AM---> but, does anyone think we need multiple calendars?

John Arthorne <John_Arthorne@xxxxxxxxxx>

"eclipse.org-planning-council" <eclipse.org-planning-council@xxxxxxxxxxx>

08/06/2009 09:32 AM

Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Notes and Calendar from 8/5 PC Meeting

> but, does anyone think we need multiple calendars?

Personally I think a single calendar is easier. With us building Helios starting in M1, there will be more overlap between the Galileo and Helios streams, so having it all in one place makes planning work easier.

John

David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse.org-planning-council-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/06/2009 04:20 AM

Please respond to
"eclipse.org-planning-council" <eclipse.org-planning-council@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"eclipse.org-planning-council" <eclipse.org-planning-council@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[eclipse.org-planning-council] Notes and Calendar from 8/5 PC Meeting

I'm disappointed more people could not attend the weeks Planning Council
meeting, but those that did, got a lot done.

So, for those that were not there, please read the notes carefully and let
us know if questions or issues.
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Planning_Council/August_05_2009

For those that were there, thank you, and let me know if I captured
anything incorrectly.

The major accomplishments were

- finalized the rampdown dates for Galileo SR1 (and I "filled in" the
dates for SR2, since same pattern, I can't imagine any controversy).

- finalized the dates for Helios Milestones along with the +0, +1 ...
patterns.

I was so excited I filled in a Google Calendar with all the dates, and it
was only after I was done did I realize I put them all on the Planning
Council calendar.

http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src="">

instead of the "Galileo Calendar"

http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src="">

I can transfer all the events, eventually, if needed ... but, does anyone
think we need multiple calendars? I guess we'd need a new Helios Calendar
to be consistent. Or will the one "Planning Council Calendar" suffice? It
seems all it had on it was the monthly meetings. If we have just one, it
might ensure everyone saw the overlap of Galileo and Helios, etc. ... but
I'm fine with any scheme, if anyone has any strong advice or preferences.

Unlike previous years, we want to keep the "simultaneous" part of
"Simultaneous Release" flowing through all the milestones. This should be
easier than in previous years, since the builds and EPP are better
automated than before ... and it mostly just requires projects make sure
they "keep up" to some minimal amount to not break the build, continue to
run, etc. That is, we'll set the other and exact criteria later, but would
think everyone who is already in the build can stay in the build. We've
vaguely talked about this before, but don't recall if we ever closed on it
as a group. So ... if any projects you represent are unwilling to
participate in early milestones, let us know. (For example, if GEF wasn't
willing, we'd be hosed :) But otherwise I'll assume everyone is willing.