[eclipse.org-planning-council] RE: [cross-project-issues-dev] Re: NAB

John, I disagree.

Being on the train means doing all the must do’s from Ganymede, not just being on the update site. As Nick and Martin have pointed out, NAB has done everything but the .sc file: milestones, signing, packing, iplog, about files, legal review, release review, etc. We need to stop saying NAB was never on the train. It’s not fair to Shigeki, and it’s not correct.

That being said, given that NAB is only missing on the update site and everything else is good, I’m beginning to lose interest in this discussion. I think the packages are more useful than the update site anyway. And since most of the projects in DSDP need additional tooling that can’t be included on eclipse.org (GPL issues), even the packages don’t help us that much. We are starting an off-site packaging initiative to address this.

So, I commend Shigeki for struggling through the difficult language barrier and doing the Ganymede work.

Shigeki – if it’s ok with you, I suggest we just not worry about the update site anymore. I suggest you ask Bjorn to rerun the build so you can test your .sc file in the staging area. We can leave it at that.

Doug G