[eclipse.org-membership-at-large] Upcoming Reviews, Jan 19-26

I am pleased to announce that the creation review for the WindowBuilder
project [1] will run from January 19-26. You've most likely heard of
WindowBuilder: it's considered by many to be the best GUI building
technology available today. Soon it will be an Eclipse project, and part
of the Indigo release and associated packages. There's still a lot of
work to do, and the WindowBuilder developers are primed and ready. If
you have question or comments, please direct them to the "proposals"
forum [2].

Committers and project leads: we are in the process of assembling
project plans for the 2011 road map. If you are participating in the
simultaneous release, we need you to have your plans for the release (in
the standard format [3]) finalized by the end of next week (January
28th) with appropriate URLs entered into the Eclipse Developer Portal.

If your project is participating in the simultaneous release, please
ensure that your project lead (at least) is following the cross project
issues mailing list [4]. Also, please make sure that your project
appears in the list of projects participating in the release [5]. As
always, let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Finally--just in case you've been hiding in a cave this past week--I'd
like to draw your attention to Orion [6]. In the words of our fearless
leader [7], "[Orion] is a browser-based open tool integration platform
which is entirely focused on developing for the web, in the web. Tools
are written in JavaScript and run in the browser. Unlike other attempts
at creating browser-based development tools, this is not an IDE running
in a single tab. Links work and can be shared. You can open a file in a
new tab. Great care has been taken to provide a web experience for
development." It's really interesting technology; please take a look.

Thanks,

Wayne

[1] http://eclipse.org/proposals/tools.windowbuilder
[2] http://eclipse.org/forums/eclipse.proposals