Re: [eclipse.org-membership-at-large] Declaration for the CloudFree project

Dear Eclipse/Ageto,

Thanks a lot for the information.
I don't mean to sound like a "Wedding Crusher" or Party Pooper on that, but wouldn't it make a bit more sense, to try consolidate your proposal with the already accepted and incubating OFMP ?

I know, "Cloud" may sound fascinating for a lot of people today and some IT managers might just buy a tool like that, because they think it has something to do with "Cloud Computing" ;-)
I must also admit, the pace at which OFMP is operating at the moment still seems a little slow.
On the other hand, they also make massive use of Equinox already from what we can see so far.
There are also primarily German or European companies behind this initiative, so incompatibilities between markets like the otherwise highly flourishing OHF "umbrella" may suffer from in Europe, don't seem as likely between you and OFMP.

I know the term "Financial Market Platform" could be seen a bit too much in an Investment Banking Corner, but the "Market Platform" part and underlying basic transactions you are sketching in your proposal seem not so different.

Kind Regards,
Werner Keil
Committing Member
Babel Project