From: Mike Taylor <mike_taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: eclipse.org-membership-at-large@xxxxxxxxxxx, eclipse.org-member-marketing@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bobby.clark@xxxxxxx, vibha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [eclipse.org-membership-at-large] Barriers to Eclipse: New Working Group
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 09:12:19 -0700

The recent Evans Data study of the global Eclipse market identified several barriers to Eclipse use (see below).  For the second year in a row, "lack of Eclipse training" was identified as the number 1 barrier. Not much farther down the list was "lack of training for Eclipse plug-ins".

I'd like to organize a new working group to gather some deeper information on these barriers and it would be great if you and your organization would participate. Using the Survey Monkey market research tools available from the Eclipse Foundation I'd like to put together a more in-depth study of the training barrier and possible ways to remove it.

Participation doesn't require a lot of time and there will be no costs for doing the research. We need input on research topics, questions, and potential solutions. We have the resources to construct, deploy and analyze the questionnaire...what we really need is your input on content. The results will be freely shared with Eclipse members.

Are you interested in helping? Just send me an email and I'll add you to the mail list for the working group. If there's someone else in your organization that this message should be directed to, please pass it on.

Best,
MikeT
Mike Taylor
President and CEO
Instantiations, Inc.
Power Tools for Professional Software Developers

Voice: (503) 598-4911
mike_taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.instantiations.com
eclipse.org-membership-at-large mailing list
eclipse.org-membership-at-large@xxxxxxxxxxx