[eclipse.org-membership-at-large] EclipseCon 2006 Member Update

There is just over 2 months to go until EclipseCon 2006, March 20-23 in
Santa Clara, CA.  This is a major event for the Eclipse community and I
would like to highlight a number of opportunities for Eclipse member
companies to participate.

1. Member companies have the opportunity to exhibit and sponsor activities
at EclipseCon.   The exhibitor and sponsorship package can be found at
http://www.eclipsecon.org/2006/Sponsorship.do.

2. We will be announcing the Eclipse Community Awards at EclipseCon.   The
Eclipse Awards will highlight the individuals and products that have made a
substantial impact on the Eclipse community.  Member companies are
encouraged to nominate their products for the ‘Best Eclipse based developer
tool’ or a customer for the ‘Best deployment of Eclipse technology in an
enterprise’.  Deadline for nominations is January 27.   Details can be found
at http://www.eclipse.org/org/foundation/eclipseawards/

3. We will be announcing an Open Source Pavilion at EclipseCon.   The
intention of the pavilion is to invite different open source projects to
exhibit at EclipseCon.   We are looking for sponsors of the pavilion that
will provide ‘scholarships’ to the open source developers to help offset the
travel costs to attend EclipseCon.   The cost of sponsorship will be $18K.
Please contact Donald Smith (Donald@xxxxxxxxxxx) if you would like
additional details.

4. I’d like to encourage all members companies to consider having their
employees attend EclipseCon.  The conference program has been published on
www.eclipsecon.org.  This is a great opportunity for employees to expand
their knowledge of the different Eclipse projects.  To register please visit
http://www.eclipsecon.org/2006/Registration.do

5. Finally, I’d like to request that all member companies help promote
EclipseCon to your customers.   We have made available a number of different
banners and icons at http://www.eclipsecon.org/2006/Friends.do

I look forward to meeting everyone in Santa Clara,

Ian

Ian Skerrett
Director of Marketing
Eclipse Foundation, Inc.