[eclipse.org-membership-at-large] EclipseCon 2006 Update

Dear Eclipse Foundation Member

The time is quickly coming to start planning for EclipseCon 2006.   The conference will be held March 20-23, 2006 in Santa Clara, CA.   This is a great opportunity for Eclipse member companies to expand your knowledge of Eclipse technology and gain more exposure for your commercial products.   Therefore, I’d like to remind everyone of a number of EclipseCon related opportunities.

1. If you are interested in speaking at EclipseCon, the program committee is looking for proposals for interesting tutorials and sessions.  The deadline for tutorials is Nov. 1 and Nov. 15 for sessions.   More details can be found at http://www.eclipsecon.org/2006/CallForParticipation.do.

2. If you are interested in exhibiting at EclipseCon, the exhibiting and sponsorship agreement is now at http://www.eclipsecon.org/2006/Sponsorship.do.  Please feel free to contact myself if you have any questions about exhibiting at EclipseCon.

3. Registration is now open for individuals interested in attending EclipseCon 2006.   Employees of member companies receive a discount on the registration price and an extra discount if they register before December 31, 2005.  In addition, the first 200 people to register for a conference passport will receive a copy of the new Eclipse RCP book.

4. We would also like to encourage all of our member organizations to help promote EclipseCon to your customers and communities.  This can be done by adding the EclipseCon dates to your event calendar, mentioning EclipseCon in a customer newsletter or adding an EclipseCon logos to your web site.   A number of EclipseCon graphics are available at http://www.eclipsecon.org/2006/Friends.do for anyone that would like to promote the conference.

Thanks again for your support.

Ian

Ian Skerrett

Director of Marketing