[eclipse.org-membership-at-large] Inviting Tutorial and Presentation Proposals for EclipseCon

Title: Bjorn Freeman
Members,
On behalf of Tim Wagner (Program Chair) and the rest of the EclipseCon organizers, we'd like to remind you that October is here and in the northern hemisphere, that means shorter days and longer nights. It also means that there are only 31 days left to submit a Tutorial proposal to EclipseCon.  The deadline for Tutorial submissions is November 1st.

We've got some great keynotes already lined up including Joel Spolsky of Joel on Software fame and Boz Elloy of Borland. I told the committers that they were just as bright, just as clever, just as witty, as these two, so why not share with the rest of the Eclipse community?  I'd like to point out that the Eclipse membership is not only just as bring, just as clever, and just as witty, but you all are also better looking and friendly to boot!  So why share some of your experience and knowledge with the larger Eclipse community?

As I mentioned at the Member's Meeting, EclipseCon has three tracks this year:
  • Developer Track - what you think of as the usual EclipseCon content.
  • User Track - content focused towards Eclipse users rather than Eclipse plug-in authors.
  • Business Track - an expansion of the fledgling, but successful, business track from last year. This is content aimed at people who want to run, or are running, businesses based on Eclipse.
Tutorials are a great way to teach a smaller crowd (~40) a large amount (four hours), and Presentations/Talks are a great way to reach a larger crowd (~400) with a smaller amount (less than an hour). Every Eclipse member has interesting ideas and exemplary knowledge - we invite you to share yours...

--

Bjorn Freeman-Benson
Technical Director, Open Source Process and Infrastructure

Back to the top