[eclipse.org-membership-at-large] Preview / Request For Comments on the draft Eclipse Development Process Guidelines

Committers and Members,
For the past couple months, I have been working with the Eclipse Council members, the Eclipse Committer and Plug-in Provider Representatives, and employees of the Eclipse Foundation to come up with some guidelines to help interpret and understand the Eclipse Development Process. We would really appreciate your input and advice, critiques and kudos, on this document. Please send your feedback to these membership and committer mailing lists so that everyone can participate in the discussions.

http://www.eclipse.org/org/processes/Guidelines_for_Eclipse_Development_Process/

After a review period of a few weeks, the Requirements, Architecture, and Planning Councils will consider these guidelines and the feedback at the next Council meetings (in late August) with the goal of approving a set of guidelines for the Eclipse Development Process (and hence for all Eclipse projects).

P.S. Project leaders and PMC members - because these guidelines will affect you most of all (although hopefully not too much because this should just be a codification of your existing practice), you'll probably want to spend a bit more time reviewing these pages.
--
*Bjorn Freeman-Benson*
Technical Director, Open Source Process and Infrastructure <http://eclipse-projects.blogspot.com/>

---