[eclipse.org-members-committers] Proposed updates to the Eclipse Foundation Community Code of Conduct

All,

The Eclipse Foundation board of directors is proposing to update the Eclipse Community Code of Conduct, and is soliciting feedback from the community before finalizing these updates.

The Code has been in place at Eclipse since 2015 and governs all community interactions.  The proposed updates are generally intended to modernize and clarify the Code, as well as to ensure it better aligns with the structure of our community and our various means of communicating. It also calls for the creation of a Conduct Committee comprised of individuals from our community to handle disputes.

A Google Doc with the revised Community Code of Conduct can be found here. A PDF of this proposed Code is also attached for your convenience. You are welcome to leave your comments or feedback directly in the Google Doc, or feel free to email us directly with your comments or questions at conduct@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

The board’s stated intention is to approve the updated Eclipse Code of Conduct at its 14 December 2022 meeting; your feedback by 2 December 2022 is welcome and appreciated.

On a personal note, I am proud of how few incidents have occurred within our broad community over its history. The Eclipse community is truly a welcoming and professional environment, and  I am certain that the proposed changes will make us even better.  Any feedback you have is appreciated.

Best regards,

--

Mike Milinkovich

Executive Director | Eclipse Foundation AISBL

Twitter:@mmilinkov