[eclipse.org-members-committers] Reminder - Eclipse-related talks at Devoxx US - the CFP is open now!

All,

The Call for Papers to Devoxx US is now open. The deadline is October 11, so please don't wait to submit your session proposals.

Devoxx US 2017, being held March 21-23, 2017 at the San Jose Convention Center, brings the Eclipse community a unique opportunity to promote the Eclipse message to the broader developer community. Devoxx is a well-respected developer conference that attracts thousands of developers. Devoxx US is expected to have 1000 attendees and 200 speakers. The Eclipse Foundation is the host and organizer of Devoxx US, so we are very motivated to make sure Eclipse is well represented in the program.

You will notice there is no explicit "Eclipse" track in the Call for Papers.  This is intentional, as we want to integrate our Eclipse technologies into the broader verticals identified by the program committee. If you are unsure under which track you should submit, please send a note to program@xxxxxxxxx and we will help find the right home.

As a reminder, we will hold Eclipse Converge the day before Devoxx US on March 20, 2017.  Eclipse Converge is a one day event dedicated strictly to the Eclipse community.  Eclipse Converge will have a separate Call for Papers, opening November 10.

So, which program is the right one to which to submit?  If your talk is directed to developers at large, then Devoxx US is the program to target. If it really is more for an Eclipse only audience, then Eclipse Converge is for you.  But, in either case, we are hoping you will use these combined events as the place to showcase your work.

By the way, anyone speaking at either Eclipse Converge or at Devoxx US receives a combo ticket to both events.  And all speakers will be invited to the Speakers Reception held on Tuesday evening - this is always a long standing tradition at all Devoxx, and will be a great place to meet with other speakers.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Regards,
Paul White
VP, Member Services

Back to the top