[eclipse.org-members-committers] Open Source Projects Update

Greetings folks. There is a lot of activity in the project space this week and month.

Great Fixes for Eclipse Neon is a skills competition; it is an excellent way for contributors to flex their Eclipse development skills for an opportunity to win great prizes and acclaim! There is more information on the website [1], but the short version is that entry into the competition is automatic (we're querying the Git repositories for contributions made by non-committers) and winners will be selected based on overall contribution during the Neon development time-frame. Submit your patches! Tell your friends!

We've had some steady activity on the new incubation mailing list [2]. This is a great resource to help new projects and committers come up to speed. If you're a new (or mostly new) committer you should make sure that you're on this list. Thank you to all the more seasoned committers and Architecture Council members for answering questions.

We're running an Eclipse Committer Orientation session [3] on Wednesday, April 13th at 10am EDT (1400 UTC). In this session, we'll do a quick overview of Eclipse, LocationTech, and PolarSys committer responsibilities, and then spend time taking a live tour of the Project Management Interface (PMI) focusing specifically on some of the tools that are available for committers including the new IP Log Generator.

There are some reviews concluding on April 6, 2016:

  Apogy Creation [4]
  January Creation [5]
  Milo Creation [6]
  Whiskers Creation [7]
  Eclipse Git Team Provider 4.3 Release [8]
  Eclipse NeoSCADA 0.3.0 Release [9]
  Java implementation of Git 4.3 Release [10]
  Mylyn 3.19 Release [11]
  Ogee 0.7.0 Release [12]

We have several proposals open for community review:

  PolarSys Rover  [13]
  TEAMEngine [14]
  GeoWave [15]
  GeoPeril [16]
  Open Standard Business Platform (OSBP) [17]
  Whiskers [18]
  Apogy [19]
  Milo [20]
  N4JS [21]
  January [22]

Reviews run for a full week and always end on the first and third Wednesday of each month. Our next scheduled review dates are April 20, 2016 and May 4, 2016. For more information about releases and reviews, please see the Eclipse Project Handbook [23].

Have a great week!

Wayne

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/projects/greatfix/
[3] https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/cd775vs2795csv1j762hbg5vrj8
[4] https://projects.eclipse.org/reviews/apogy-creation-review
[5] https://projects.eclipse.org/reviews/january-creation-review
[6] https://projects.eclipse.org/reviews/milo-creation-review
[7] https://projects.eclipse.org/reviews/whiskers-creation-review
[8] https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.egit/reviews/4.3-release-review
[9] https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/iot.eclipsescada/reviews/0.3.0-release-review
[10] https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.jgit/reviews/4.3-release-review
[11] https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/mylyn/reviews/3.19-release-review
[12] https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.ogee/reviews/0.7.0-release-review
[13] https://www.polarsys.org/proposals/polarsys-rover
[14] https://www.locationtech.org/proposals/teamengine
[15] https://www.locationtech.org/proposals/geowave
[16] https://www.locationtech.org/proposals/geoperil
[17] https://projects.eclipse.org/proposals/open-standard-business-platform-osbp
[18] https://projects.eclipse.org/proposals/whiskers
[19] https://projects.eclipse.org/proposals/apogy
[20] https://projects.eclipse.org/proposals/milo
[21] https://projects.eclipse.org/proposals/n4js
[22] https://projects.eclipse.org/proposals/january
[23] https://www.eclipse.org/projects/handbook/#release
--
Wayne Beaton on behalf of the Eclipse Management Organization
@waynebeaton

Back to the top