[eclipse.org-members-committers] Eclipse Member Newsletter, October 2015 edition

To read this newsletter online, go to https://www.eclipse.org/community/newsletter/2015/2015October.html

October 6, 2015

Foundation Updates in This Issue

EclipseCon Europe Arrives Soon!

ECE logoEclipseCon Europe is just a few weeks away, beginning on Tuesday, November 3. Register online now and you can sleep in a bit before going to your tutorial on Tuesday morning. Be sure to book your hotel room; the Nestor is expected to sell out soon.
Here's a partial list of what's happening this year:
  • Theme Days on IoTProject Quality, and LocationTech
  • hackathon for experts and newbies alike, where attendees will learn how to join a project, fix challenging bugs, experience pair programming, and meet Foundation staff
  • The IoT Playground including a very cool challenge and demo from OSGi (learn about the contest here)
  • New entertainment for Tuesday night where two highly rated speakers morph into quizmasters (prizes and beer included!)
  • A very busy Unconference on Monday to start the week out right
We'll see you soon in Ludwigsburg!

Membership Agreement Modification Approved

Recently the membership at large voted on whether the Foundation could offer a modified membership agreement o government agencies who were legally prohibited from signing our standard agreement because it stipulates the state of New York as the governing law. We are please to announce that the motion was carried, with 96% voting in favor of the motion.

We will now proceed with engaging with these government agencies, and look forward to their contributions to our community. Thanks to everyone who took the time to vote; your participation is appreciated.

Call for Papers for EclipseCon North America

ECon NA 2016 logo
EclipseCon North America is moving to Reston, Virginia for 2016, and the call for papers has just opened. A Java 9 Day is planned, as well as theme days focusing on IDEs and IoT. The early-bird deadline for talks is November 16, and submissions close on November 23.

Plan to attend, sponsor, or speak (or all three!), and we'll see you at the Hyatt Regency Reston on March 7-10, 2016.

Help Refine the FEEP Process

The Friends-Enabled Eclipse IDE/Platform Enhancements Program, or FEEP, utilizes the funds donated through the Friends of Eclipse program to make significant and meaningful improvements and enhancements to the Eclipse IDE/Platform.

We are developing a process for prioritizing and funding work, and we would appreciate community review and comments.

Call for DemoCamps

DemoCamp logoIt's time for fall DemoCamps! Check out the DemoCamp wiki page to add yours or see what's planned.

If a hackathon is more your style, you can organize that instead.

Recent Project Proposals

hawkBit
The scope of the hawkBit project is to provide a software update management service for the Internet of Things.
More...
Eclipse Rich Beans
The scope of Eclipse Net Beans is to provide a set of widgets for scientific and numeric data that allow values to be entered and validated.
More...

New Solutions Members

Ancit Consulting

Zend Technologies USA Inc.

Siemens

Goldman Sachs

New Associate Member

École de technologie supérieure

Email us to take advantage of the opportunity to promote your Eclipse training or other Eclipse event on the Events Map!

See the Events map for DemoCamps, Training Series, and Working Group activities.
EclipseCon Europe
November 3-5, 2015
Ludwigsburg, Germany

Devoxx Belgium
November 9-13, 2015
Antwerp, Belgium

EclipseCon North America 2016
March 7-10, 2016
Reston, Virginia, US

FOSS4G NA 2016
May 2-5, 2016
Raleigh, North Carolina, US

Make an Offer
To Eclipse Members

Promote your special offer to other Eclipse members in future issues of this newsletter. If you have a product discount, event coupon, free trial or other special deal to offer, submit your posting to the Member 2 Member Marketplace.

Submit a Member 2 Member Offer

Contact the Editor