Re: [eclipse.org-members-committers] Upcoming Vote of the Membership

On 03/08/2015 11:59 AM, Matthew Webber wrote:

The proposal refers to "government agencies" without any qualification. Is this intended to include non-U.S. governments? State governments? A local council?

I don't see any problems with the proposal per. se., but it would have been better for clarity if the board had explicitly included, or specifically excluded, those categories I mentioned.

The point is to provide the flexibility necessary to deal exactly with those questions.

We won't be doing this for agencies which merely express a preference for other terms. However, we have come across a couple which have a hard legal or constitutional prohibition against accepting New York State law.

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top