[eclipse.org-members-committers] Open Source Projects Update, Feb 9/2015

Greetings folks.

The Eclipse Foundation will have a booth in the exhibit hall; we're looking for Eclipse, LocationTech, and PolarSys project committers to volunteer to perform demonstrations of their open source software during breaks and receptions. Please visit https://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseCon/Booth, to volunteer. EclipseCon 2015 will be held at the Hyatt San Francisco Airport from March 9-12. Register today.

We will be running the Eclipse Committer Bootcamp on Sunday, March 8. Are you a new committer or project lead for an Eclipse, LocationTech, or PolarSys project? Are you thinking about proposing a new open source project? In this tutorial, Eclipse Foundation staff members will walk you through the information that you need to know to be an effective open source project committer. The discussion includes an overview of the Eclipse Development Process, the Intellectual Property Due Diligence Process, and the Tools and IT Infrastructure made available to open projects by the Eclipse Foundation.  Join us on Sunday afternoon (the day before the start of EclipseCon 2015) at 3:00pm in the Hyatt San Francisco Airport in Burlingame, CA for this session. If you plan to attend please contact emo@xxxxxxxxxxx to register.

The CQ submission deadline for Mars is Feb 13. If your project is participating in the Mars release, be sure to get your CQs entered into IPZilla before the deadline. If you require assistance, connect with your mentors or drop me a line via the EMO inbox.

Great Fixes for Mars is a skills competition. Flex your Eclipse development skills for an opportunity to win great prizes! A Great Fix is a contribution provides a significant improvement in the Java development experience using Eclipse. Special consideration will be given to performance or stability improvements, and patches that improve the user experience. Please visit the web page for more information.

We have several reviews wrapping up on February 11/2015.
We also have a rather large list of project proposals in community review.

Note that you can always find out what reviews and proposals we have in progress by visiting the "Project Activity" page:

Thanks!

Wayne
--
Wayne Beaton on behalf of the Eclipse Management Organization
@waynebeaton

Back to the top