[eclipse.org-members-committers] Open Source Projects Update

Hi Folks,

A couple of items for you here.

=== Google Committer/Contributor Hangout ===

On June 13th @ 10:30hr EST we'll be getting together again to touch base with you, the
committer/contributor. This is a very informal hangout with the intention to
connect and help committers/contributors in any way we can but also to hear back
from you.

Like last time, we'll get the ball rolling with a quick slide deck discussing
release reviews and then open the floor to Q/A.

Please note that you will only be able to watch the Hangout; not join. Given
the small number of connections (10), this will ensure fairness for everyone.

Please check the wiki page [1] for the Hangout URL and ways to get us your
questions.

=== We want you: New mentors ===

We'd like to add some new mentors that new projects can call upon. As you may have
noticed, there are a lot of new projects coming into Eclipse and the forges.
There's certainly something of interest for everyone.

If you'd like to put your name forward or have some additional questions about
the role, please feel free to email me to discuss. Thanks in advance.

=== Reviews scheduled for Wednesday June 11th ===

-- Creations --

- GeoGig [2]
- Spatial4J [3]
- Integrated Computational Environment (ICE) [4]
- DAWNSci [5]

-- Luna Release --

The simultaneous release [6] is fast approaching.

There are several projects this year that have missed the June 11 release review
deadline. We will be holding a second and final release review date on June 18. We
hope those projects who missed June 11 will have submitted all the necessary
documents before then.

You can find the listing of projects that have all the necessary submissions to
participate. Their corresponding release reviews are here [7].

Please keep these dates in mind:

June 11/2014     -     Luna Uber Release review
June 18/2014    -      Final Release review
June 25/2014     -     Luna Release

Thanks to all the projects and folks involved for making this happen. It's quite
something to witness!

=== Ottawa Luna Release Party ===

If you're in the Ottawa area [8], come on out and join us June 25 at 14:00hr at the
Royal Oak on Centrepointe drive. We'll be celebrating the Luna release with
a few drinks and some finger foods on our tab. Please drop me a line if you're
coming:)

If you have any questions/ideas or thoughts, please reach me at emo@xxxxxxxxxxx

Have a great weekend folks!

Cheers,

Richard

[1] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Committer_Contributor_Hangouts/june_13
[2] https://www.locationtech.org/proposals/geogig
[3] https://www.locationtech.org/proposals/spatial4j
[4] https://projects.eclipse.org/proposals/eclipse-integrated-computational-environment
[5] https://projects.eclipse.org/proposals/dawnsci
[6] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Luna
[7] https://www.eclipse.org/projects/
[8] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Evangelism/Simultaneous_Release_Parties#Ottawa

--
Richard Burcher on behalf of the Eclipse Management Organization

Back to the top