[eclipse.org-members-committers] Open Source Projects Update

I am very pleased to take this opportunity to introduce you to Richard Burcher. Richard recently joined the Eclipse Foundation as our new Community Manager. Richard will work with me to help our many open source projects work their way through the processes, engage with their respective communities, and more. Please join me in welcoming Richard aboard.

You can contact Richard and me via the emo@xxxxxxxxxxx mailbox.

I have a handful of release reviews, two restructuring reviews, and one project creation review wrapping up next Wednesday, April 30/2014.

Three release reviews:

Eclipse SCADA 0.1.0  [1]
Nebula NatTable 1.1  [2]
Paho 0.9.0 Release  [3]

Two restructuring reviews:

VIATRA2 Rename "VIATRA2" to "VIATRA" Review [4]
Code Recommenders Move Snipmatch to Code Recommenders Review [5]

And finally, one creation review: Oomph [6]. The Oomph project provides tools that automate the provisioning and management of project-specific IDEs and workspaces, as well as other tediously repetitive tasks.

Since my last note, we've had a rather large number of new project proposals.

Moquette MQTT [7] is a Java-based fully compliant MQTT lightweight message broker that can be easily configured. The project maintains compliance with the evolution of the MQTT protocol specification.

DAWNSci [8] defines Java interfaces for data description, plotting and plot tools, data slicing and file loading. It defines an architecture oriented around OSGi services to do this. It provides a reference implementation and examples for the interfaces.

Eclipse Advanced Scripting Environment (EASE) [9] provides a uniform environment to create, store, modify and execute user generated scripts that run within the Eclipse RCP context.

The Eclipse Integrated Computational Environment [A] covers everything necessary for performing the Big Four activities (setting up the model, launching the job, analysing the results and managing the input and output data) in addition to streamlining some of the activities necessary for obtaining modeling and simulation codes.

4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control [B] provides an industrial-grade open source infrastructure for distributed Industrial Process Measurement and Control Systems (IPMCS) based on the IEC 61499 standard.

Thym [C]  (The HYbrid Mobile) project delivers IDE components and a framework for developing Hybrid Mobile Applications on the Eclipse platform. The delivered IDE components support the Apache Cordova framework, but facilitate extensibility to other frameworks including the ones that are not based on Apache Cordova.

Have a good week.

Wayne

[1] http://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.eclipsescada/reviews/0.1.0-release-review
[2] http://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.nebula.nattable/reviews/1.1-release-review
[3] http://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.paho/reviews/0.9.0-release-review
[4] http://projects.eclipse.org/projects/modeling.viatra2/reviews/rename-viatra2-viatra
[5] http://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.recommenders/reviews/move-snipmatch-code-recommenders
[6] http://projects.eclipse.org/reviews/oomph-creation-review
[7] https://projects.eclipse.org/proposals/moquette-mqtt
[8] https://projects.eclipse.org/proposals/dawnsci
[9] https://projects.eclipse.org/proposals/eclipse-advanced-scripting-environment-ease
[A] https://projects.eclipse.org/proposals/eclipse-integrated-computational-environment
[B] http://projects.eclipse.org/proposals/4diac-framework-distributed-industrial-automation-and-control
[C] https://projects.eclipse.org/proposals/thym

--
Wayne Beaton on behalf of the Eclipse Management Organization
EclipseCon

Back to the top