[eclipse.org-members-committers] Projects Update

Greetings folks.

Project committers: please make sure that you are familiar with the Eclipse IP Due Diligence process [1].

Further, please take a few minutes to ensure that you are familiar with the project release cycle [2]. In particular, you are required to provide a plan at the beginning of each release cycle, and engage in a release review at the end. If you have any questions, please contact your project mentors, your PMC representative, or me for assistance.

If your project intends to participate in the Eclipse Luna 2014 [3] simultaneous release, you need to state your intent [4] before the M4 deadline (December 20/2013). As of this point in time, fourteen projects that participated in Kepler have not yet announced their intent to join Luna. I'm tracking the state of opt-in on the Luna releases page [5].

Most communication regarding the simultaneous release occurs on the Cross Project Issues Dev mailing list [6]. Every project (especially those that intend to participate in Luna) should have at least one committer/project lead join that list.

Note that Luna project plans must be set by the M4 deadline as well. Minimally, your project plan should include a two- to three-sentence description (no bullets, please), milestones, and at least one theme. There's help in the wiki [7]. Again, if you have any questions, please contact your project mentors, your PMC representative, or me for assistance.

=Reviews=

It's a big week for reviews. We have several, including a handful of termination reviews wrapping up on December 18. This will be the last review period for 2013.
  • Remote Application Platform 2.2.0 Release [8]
  • Eclipse Git Team Provider and Java implementation of Git 3.2.0 Release [9]
And...
  • Swordfish Termination [A]
  • The Eclipse Examples Project Termination [B]
  • g-Eclipse Technology Project Termination [C]
  • IDE for Education Termination [D]
  • The IDE Meta-tooling Platform Termination [E]
  • Sketch Termination [F]
=Project Proposals=

We also have a handful of new project proposals:

liblwm2m (Lightweight M2M) [G] is a protocol and implementation for device and service management. The main purpose of this technology is to address service and management needs for constrained M2M devices, over a number of transports and bearers.

Californium (Cf) [H] is an open source implementation of the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP). It is written in Java and targets unconstrained environments such as back-end service infrastructures (e.g., proxies, resource directories, or management services) and less constrained environments such as embedded devices running Linux (e.g., smart home controllers or vehicle sensors).

ReqCycle [I] addresses both requirement management (create data model, create/import/reference requirements…) and requirement traceability of development artefacts that can be clearly identified as "Reacheable objects" (through a Unified Resource Identifier) and with flexibility to conform to a custom process and associated data model.

The Eclipse Common Build Infrastructure (CBI) [J] combines technologies and practices for building Eclipse Software.

Thanks for your attention. Have a great rest of the year, and I wish you the best for 2014!

Wayne

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/legal/EclipseLegalProcessPoster.pdf
[2] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Development_Resources/HOWTO/Release_Cycle
[3] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Luna
[4] http://waynebeaton.wordpress.com/2013/09/09/eclipse-luna-whos-in/
[5] https://projects.eclipse.org/releases/luna
[7] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Project_Management_Infrastructure/Release_Metadata
[8] http://projects.eclipse.org/projects/rt.rap/reviews/2.2.0-release-review
[9] http://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.egit/reviews/3.2.0-release-review
[A] http://projects.eclipse.org/projects/soa.swordfish/reviews/termination-review
[B] http://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.examples/reviews/termination-review
[C] http://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.imp/reviews/termination-review
[D] http://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.sketch/reviews/termination-review
[E] http://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.imp/reviews/termination-review
[F] http://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.sketch/reviews/termination-review
[G] http://eclipse.org/proposals/technology.liblwm2m
[H] http://eclipse.org/proposals/technology.californium
[I] http://eclipse.org/proposals/polarsys.reqcycle
[J] http://eclipse.org/proposals/technology.cbi
--
Wayne Beaton
Director of Open Source Projects, The Eclipse Foundation

Back to the top