[eclipse.org-members-committers] Project Updates

Greetings folks.

=Reviews=

We have only two reviews wrapping up on Wednesday, October 16/2013:

* Jetty 9.1 Release Review [1]
* Spatio-Temporal Epidemiological Modeler 2.0.0 Release Review [2]

I also have a single release review currently planned for the PolarSys 3P project [3] on October 23/2013. It also looks like BPMN2 Modeler is gearing up for a 1.0 release/graduation [4]. Stay tuned.

=Important information for Project Leads and Committers Regarding Reviews=

Release reviews are required for all major and minor releases. You do not need to engage in a release review or seek IP Team approval of your IP Log for service/bugfix-only releases.

Remember that you need to have your IP Log approved in advance of the start of a release review period. It's a good idea to set aside a full week to make sure that the IP team has adequate time to complete the release. Also keep in mind that you'll need to have PMC approval for your review materials. Again, these need to be provided to EMO (me) in advance of the start of the one-week review period; it's a good idea to give your PMC at least a few days to review and approve of the materials.

Review information can be entered directly into the Project Management Infrastructure (PMI) [5], or you can provide a document. In either case, you need to communicate the release to the PMC (they do not get any automatic notification) to seek their approval. I get notification of the activity in the PMI, but it's still a good idea to connect with me directly via email to ensure that all the right pieces are in place.

Remember that a review will not generally be scheduled until after the IP Log and review documentation have been approved by the respective approvers.

Reviews run from Thursday to Wednesday. I try to honour requests to schedule reviews on particular weeks, but reserve the right to push reviews back or forward by a week in order to lump several reviews together (I generally try to limit review periods to two each month). Don't assume that you'll be able to complete a review on short notice.

=Eclipse Development Process=

The Architecture Council has been working on a new revision of the Eclipse Development Process (EDP). The draft is posted for public review [6] (note that the PDF link doesn't work yet). You can review the document with highlighted changes by clicking the "Changes made since the previous version of this document" link (note that--while technically correct--some of the highlighting is a little odd).

=Luna=

Projects have started opting in to participate in Luna [7]. At this point, most--but not all--of the Kepler participants have stated their intent to join Luna. We also have a couple of new participants: EMF Client Platform [8], and EMFStore [9]. Welcome aboard.

Instructions for projects that intend to opt-in are in the wiki [A].

I'll see you at EclipseCon Europe!

Wayne

[1] http://projects.eclipse.org/projects/rt.jetty/reviews/9.1-release-review
[2] http://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.stem/reviews/2.0.0-release-review
[3] http://polarsys.org/projects/polarsys.3p/reviews/polarsys-ide-0.7-release-review
[4] https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/soa.bpmn2-modeler/reviews/1.0-release-review
[5] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Project_Management_Infrastructure/Release_Metadata
[6] http://eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/development_process_2014/
[7] https://projects.eclipse.org/releases/luna
[8] https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/modeling.emft.emf-client
[9] https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/modeling.emft.emf-store
[A] http://wiki.eclipse.org/SimRel/Simultaneous_Release_Requirements#State_intent_early_.28M4.29
--
Wayne Beaton on behalf of the Eclipse Management Organization
EclipseCon

Back to the top