[eclipse.org-members-committers] Eclipse Projects Update, June 7/2013

Greetings folks

I've had a little technical issue and it seems that sending this note announcing this round of project reviews failed without my immediate knowledge. I originally drafted this message at the same time as my blog post [1] on the topic; hopefully many of you saw that blog post.

Officially, the review period for Kepler project release reviews ended yesterday. I am, however, going to reserve declaring success on these reviews for an extra 24 hours to give you and the rest of the community a little more time to provide feedback or express concerns.

Note that since my blog post (and the original draft of this note), one project has dropped out of Kepler. That project did not have any bits in the aggregate repository, so the impact of this change is minimal.

Kepler

Only some of those projects are engaging in release reviews that end this week. As has become our tradition, there were a few stragglers that will complete their release reviews for Kepler next week. A handful of projects have decided to contribute prior releases to Kepler and so do not require release reviews at this point in time.

The full list of participating projects is here:

http://projects.eclipse.org/releases/kepler

There are too many projects to list all of them here and provide links. Instead, I invite you to explore from that page.

I will call out the four projects that have joined the simultaneous release this year:
  • EMF Diff/Merge,
  • Sphinx,
  • Stardust, and
  • Maven Integration for Web Tools Platform.
Also there, are a small handful of the projects that are graduating with their Kepler release:
  • Stardust
  • Maven Integration for Web Tools Platform
  • Koneki
  • SCA Tools
Please provide feedback on the project-specific communication channels, or send your comments and concerns directly to me.

Other releases

The Eclipse Client Platform--which is not participating in Kepler--is also graduating this week. Since their timing is a little different from the projects participating in Kepler, I've already declared their review successful.

Also buried in the many Kepler reviews this week is the creation review for Vert.x [2]; based on feedback during the proposal period, I will go ahead with declaring this creation review successful. The creation review for Fundamental Modeling Concepts (FMC) [3] is scheduled to wrap up next week.

In addition to the Kepler releases scheduled for review next week (ending June 19/2013), the EMF-InQuery project is also engaging in a release review for their 0.7 release [4].

New Project Proposals

We have several new project proposals.

EATOP [5] is an Eclipse-based implementation of the EAST-ADL standard, which is a domain specific architecture description language (ADL) established in the automotive industry.

Concierge [6] is a small-footprint implementation of the OSGi Core Specifications R3 standard optimized for mobile and embedded devices.

Ogee [7] provides Eclipse-based developer tools for the provisioning and consumption of OData services regardless of the service provisioning platform and service consuming technology.

Ponte [8] defines a simple REST API to expose the machines needs through REST, exposing multiple protocols (MQTT, CoAP) through the same API.

Please direct any questions you have regarding these proposals to the Eclipse Proposals forum [9].

I apologize for the tardiness of this message.

Wayne

[1] http://waynebeaton.wordpress.com/2013/06/08/the-great-kepler-release-review-part-1/
[2] http://eclipse.org/proposals/rt.vertx
[3] http://eclipse.org/proposals/modeling.fmc/
[4] http://projects.eclipse.org/projects/modeling.incquery/reviews/0.7.0-release-review
[5] http://eclipse.org/proposals/modeling.eatop/
[6] http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/rt.concierge/
[7] http://eclipse.org/proposals/technology.ogee/
[8] http://eclipse.org/proposals/technology.ponte/
[9] http://eclipse.org/forums/eclipse.proposals
--
Wayne Beaton on behalf of the Eclipse Management Organization
EclipseCon

Back to the top