[eclipse.org-members-committers] Project Updates

Greetings folks.

Project Reviews

We have three reviews wrapping up on December 12/2012.

The BPMN2 Modeler [1] will be putting out their 0.2 release [2]. The BPMN2 Modeler is a graphical modeling tool which allows creation and editing of BPMN (Business Process Modeling Notation) diagrams. The tool is built on Eclipse Graphiti and uses the BPMN 2.0 EMF meta model currently being developed within the Eclipse Model Development Tools (MDT) project. This release includes some API changes.

The Hudson [3] is making their 3.0 release [4]. Hudson is a Continuous Integration (CI) Server  tool  used to automate your build, testing and deployment  processes as part of an agile methodology. This is an important milestone for the project, having taken their code base through the Eclipse IP Due Diligence process, to make their first release as an Eclipse project. With this release, Hudson will leave incubation and join the ranks of mature projects at Eclipse.

Finally, we're running a creation review for XWT [5]. XWT is functional declarative UI in XML for Eclipse plug-ins and RCP applications. It provides a thin XML serialization to define a UI over existing Eclipse UI components such as SWT, JFace, DataBinding, etc..

CVS Retirement

We've been announcing the CVS retirement for about two years. As of today, we two weeks away from the shutdown [6]. Most of our projects have migrated from CVS to Git. As far as we know, only one project is still actively committing against CVS; we've taken steps to contact that project and ensure that they effect migration in time. Those projects that have not migrated from CVS [7] by the deadline of December 21/2012 will become candidates for archival.

Project Terminations

You may have noticed a rather large number of project terminations over the last couple of weeks. We at the Eclipse Foundation consider this a very natural part of the project lifecycle. There are many reasons for projects to terminate. Some project terminations result from projects merging or otherwise restructuring their code bases. Some projects terminate due to lack of interest or involvement. Some projects just run their natural course and end gracefully with termination.

As always, if you have any concerns or questions, please let me know.

Thanks,

Wayne

[1] http://eclipse.org/projects/project.php?id=soa.bpmn2-modeler
[2] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/attachment.cgi?id=224388