[eclipse.org-members-committers] Project updates/CVS shut down in 77 days

Eclipse Project Leads: the retirement date for CVS is approaching fast! [1] If you have not already done so, you need to initiate plans to migrate your project repositories (both source code and website) to Git [2].

All projects currently using CVS must migrate to Git before the deadline. All CVS repositories will be shut down on December 21/2012; projects that have not migrated by that date will be natural candidates for termination and archival.

Note that we are making a special exception for Orbit. Orbit's CVS repository will become a "Tier 3" IT Service.

Please be sure to update your project metadata so that the "source repository" field contains correct information. Note that Git repositories should be listed as "/gitroot/[project]/[repository].git" (e.g. /gitroot/dash/org.eclipse.dash.maven.git). If you don't keep this information up to date, your project may incorrectly appear on the "CVS Migration Wall of Shame" [3].

Reviews
=====

We have three reviews scheduled this week.

First up is the EMF-IncQuery Creation Review [4]. EMF-IncQuery provides a new API for querying EMF models, an implementation of the API that leverages an incremental cache for fast retrieval, and a DSL and tools for specifying and testing queries.

Next, we have the eTrice 0.2 Release Review [5]. eTrice is an implementation of the ROOM modeling language for event driven real-time software systems. It provides tooling like textual and graphical editors, code generators for Java, C++ and ANSI-C and exemplary target middleware.

Finally, we have the Lyo 1.0 Release and Graduation Review [6]. Lyo provides an SDK to enable adoption of OSLC specifications. OSLC (Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration) is an open community dedicated to reducing barriers for lifecycle tool integration.

As always, if you have questions or concerns, please let me know.

Wayne

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/projects/scmcountdown.php
[2] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Git/Migrating_to_Git
[3] http://eclipse.org/projects/tools/status.php?cvs=1