[eclipse.org-members-committers] ECE Newsletter, Issue 2

To read this newsletter online, go to http://www.eclipsecon.org/europe2012/newsletter-september-25

ECE 2012
EclipseCon Europe / OSGi Community Event News | September 25, 2012

Now for the Fun Stuff

Along with a great program, we have some great fun planned.

fire eater

Cirque d'Eclipse is our name for Circus Rambazotti. Young performers will arrive on site on Tuesday afternoon, and teach skills like fire-eating, juggling, and riding a unicycle. Later in the evening, we will have a performance by the entire Rambazotti troupe. Special thanks to SAP for sponsoring Cirque d'Eclipse!
Flight Club is what we are calling this year's programming competition. Keynote speaker and Aibotix founderJörg Lamprecht has organized a coding challenge.
The goal is to control the camera mount on an Aibot copter so that the image remains stable while the copter is moving. Participants will write code to create a custom stabilizer.

aibot

register now button

Last Chance for the Early Price

In just a few days registration prices are going up. Don't waste money and keep us waiting – register by 30 September and save €100.

Ralph's Favorite Talks

Ralph Mueller is known to just about everyone at ECE, since he visits a lot of community members in his role as director of the Eclipse European ecosystem. Which EclipseCon Europe talks is Ralph looking forward to? His answer:
Software for automotive, aerospace, science and systems engineering in general has been an area of personal interest for many years.
In the past couple of years, we have worked with these communities to use Eclipse and to contribute to Eclipse. So it gives me much personal satisfaction to present you with my favorite talks:

Submit a BoF

Want to set up a BoF at ECE now, so you can invite people ahead of time? No problem – just use the BoF submission form on the website.

If you prefer to organize a BoF on site, check the pin board near registration to see if there are open BoF slots still available.

Copyright © 2012 The Eclipse Foundation. All Rights Reserved

Back to the top