[eclipse.org-members-committers] Project Updates for Feb 24/2012

There are three reviews wrapping up on February 29/2012.

First up, is the Orion [1] project with their 0.4 Release Review [2]. Orion's objective is to create a browser-based open tool integration platform which is entirely focused on developing for the web, in the web. Tools are written in _javascript_ and run in the browser. Great care has been taken to provide a web experience for development, rather than to recreate the traditional desktop IDE experience in a browser tab.

Next is a combined 0.8.9 Release Review [3] for EMF Client [4] and EMF Store [5].  The EMF Client Platform is a framework to build EMF-based client applications. EMFStore is a model repository for EMF.

EclipseCon is coming in a little over a month. Register [6] today!

I've been working on a new "Project Status" tool [7]. This tool lets you quickly review some key metrics about Eclipse projects in a handy tabular format. It currently shows the Git migration status, liveliness, and release train participation status of the projects. I'm considering adding some metrics regarding completeness of project metadata, along with some other liveliness metrics based on Bugzilla activity; those features will come later.

For now, access to the status is restricted to committers only. Once the bugs have been worked out, we'll expose it to the world. Committers, please have a look and open bugs against Community/Process if anything seems out of place.

Thanks,

Wayne

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project.php?id=eclipse.orion
[2] http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/orion/reviews/orion-0-4-release-review.pdf