[eclipse.org-members-committers] Early Access to Eclipse Galileo and revamped Member Distro Program

Membership,

As you know, on or around June 24, 2009, the Eclipse Galileo release train will be made available from eclipse.org/downloads.  As with previous years, we are offering members the ability to get Galileo before it’s pushed live to eclipse.org/downloads.  To access this benefit you’ll need to engage your IT team to use RSYNC and follow the steps outlined in the attached file “EARLY ACCESS.TXT”.

This year we are making improvements to the Member Distro program designed to drive more traffic to participants.  This benefits the community by making more bandwidth available.  New for Galileo, we are going to inline participating Member Distros on the “Select a Mirror Page” after end users have selected a package to download.  This allows you to target, or ignore, users downloading certain packages (such as Modeling) with your distros.

Full details on the program can be found at [1].

Please let us know if you have any questions or comments,

-          Don

[1] - http://www.eclipse.org/membership/special_programs/member-downloads-program.php

Donald Smith

Director of Ecosystem Development

Eclipse Foundation, Inc.

P:+1 613 224 9461 x231

C:+1 613 292 5160

F:+1 212 918 1619

Thanks for your interest in receiving early access to the Eclipse 3.5 (Galileo) release on or around June 24.

Here is the process to follow:

1 – Email webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx with the IP Address of the machine that you will be running your RSYNC from.  For security and performance reasons we do not allow open RSYNC access so you must know and send the IP address of the machine you will be RSYNC’ing from in advance.  You won’t be able to connect early via RSYNC until this is done.  You should do this well in advance as things might get busy as we near release date...