Eclipse Member Newsletter, September 2016 Edition

Title: Eclipse Member Newsletter, September 2016 Edition
SEPTEMBER 2016 EDITION

FOUNDATION UPDATES

NEW IP POLICY

The Eclipse Foundation recently rolled out the new Eclipse Contributor Agreement (ECA). If you already have an active Eclipse CLA, you don’t have to do anything; your CLA remains active and you can convert to the new agreement when it expires after three years. The new ECA has been introduced to make the terms clearer, and more consistent with the practices of the broader free and open source community.

In addition, the Eclipse Foundation Board of Directors recently approved the new IP Policy that was discussed in late June. By the end of this year, we will have two IP due diligence options. Eclipse Foundation projects may then choose the most appropriate one for their project. If you want to learn more, click here. To join in the conversation, check out bug 496959.

The Eclipse Foundation continues to enhance its policies and procedures to make it a better place for developers to host their projects. We hope everyone agrees that these are all steps in the right direction.

ECLIPSE DONATION CAMPAIGN

Since 2001, Eclipse’s open source community and technology have benefited millions of users around the world each and every day.

During the month of September, the Eclipse Foundation will be running a fundraising campaign. The goal is to receive 3,000 donations from the Eclipse Community. All donations received will be used to improve the Eclipse Platform.

We are making it easy to donate by adding a banner at the top of the eclipse.org website. Donations can be made directly from the banner or donate page via PayPal or Bitcoin. Support our wonderful open source community by donating today.

ECLIPSECON EUROPE ARRIVES OCTOBER 25-27

Summer is almost over, meaning that EclipseCon Europe is coming next month! The program includes eight tutorials, over 100 talks, theme days on IoT and Project Quality, and four very diverse keynote presentations. Early registration prices (€675+VAT) end on October 4, so sign up now.

A few things are filling up fast: sponsor booths, IoT Playground stations, and Unconference slots are all in short supply, so don’t wait if you plan to participate in these.

We look forward to seeing you on October 25 - 27 in Ludwigsburg, Germany.

CALL FOR PAPERS: DEVOXX US AND ECLIPSE CONVERGE

Submissions are now open for Devoxx US 2017. We encourage our Eclipse community members to propose talks for this exciting developer-oriented conference, being brought to the US for the first time by the Eclipse Foundation. Devoxx US is March 21 - 23, 2017, in San Jose, California.

Coinciding with Devoxx US is Eclipse Converge, a one-day summit dedicated exclusively to Eclipse technologies, planned for Monday, March 20, 2017. The Call for Papers for Eclipse Converge will open in November.

As a bonus for our community, speakers at either Devoxx US 2017 or Eclipse Converge will be given full passes for a Converge + Devoxx Combo Pass.

NEW WORKING GROUP: OPENPASS

The openPASS Working Group (openPASS WG) will foster and support an open and innovative ecosystem providing tools, systems, and adapters for standardized, openly-available and vendor-neutral platform for simulation of traffic scenarios.

The group was founded on August 4, 2016 with sim@openpass as its initial project.

The founder members and their representatives are:

  • BMW Group, Lei Wang
  • Daimler AG, Jan Dobberstein
  • ITK-Engineering AG, Alexander Prahl
FRIENDS OF ECLIPSE ENHANCEMENT PROGRAM

The Friends of Eclipse Enhancement Program (FEEP) uses the funds donated to the Eclipse Foundation to make direct improvements and enhancements to the Eclipse IDE/Platform. Thus far, the funds have been used to improve the AutoSave feature, fix issues with toolbars, improve start-up time, make improvements to the dark theme, and to triage the significant backlog of Platform UI bugs.

New Solutions Member:
Iotracks

New Associate Member:
University of Gothenburg

Faculty of Mathematics and Information Science, Warsaw University of Technology

ERROR REPORTING

SAVE 20% on Automated Error Reporting.

Ctrlflow AERI helped
4 million Eclipse users
to uncover 20,000 problems.

Click Here to experience it yourself

ECLIPSE FOUNDATION MEMBERS' MEETING

Google Hangout and live streamed to YouTube.

Eclipse Foundation Members meeting, will take place on Wednesday, September 21st, @11:30am Eastern.

Email us to take advantage of the opportunity to promote your Eclipse training or other Eclipse event on the Events Map!

See the Events map for DemoCamps, Training Series, and Working Group activities.

Automotive Software Development
September 5 - 6, 2016
Munich, Germany

Eclipse IoT Day + Thingmonk
September 12 - 14, 2016
London, UK

IoT Workshop: Get Started with the Open Internet of Things - Women Who Code London
September 14, 2016
London, UK

JavaOne
September 18-22, 2016
San Francisco, CA

OW2CON '16
September 21 - 22, 2016
Paris, France
Call for Presentations

FedGeoDay
October 13, 2016
Washington, DC

EclipseCon Europe / OSGi Community Event 2016
October 25 - 27, 2016
Ludwigsburg, Germany

SiriusCon
November 15, 2016
Paris, France

Eclipse Converge 2017
March 20, 2017
San Jose, California, USA

Devoxx US 2017
March 21 - 23, 2017
San Jose, California, USA
RECENT PROJECT PROPOSALS

UNIDE
The Eclipse Unide project provides a simple server and multiple client implementations of the Production Performance Management Protocol (PPMP).
More...

SW360
SW360 is a software catalogue application designed to provide a central place for sharing information about software components used by an organization.
More...

SIM@OPENPASS
Eclipse sim@openPASS provides a software platform that enables the simulation of traffic situations to predict the real-world effectiveness of advanced driver assistance systems or automated driving functions.
More...

MAKE AN OFFER TO ECLIPSE MEMBERS

Promote your special offer to other Eclipse members in future issues of this newsletter. If you have a product discount, event coupon, free trial or other special deal to offer, submit your posting to the Member 2 Member Marketplace.

Submit a Memeber to Member Offer
Twitter
Facebook
Website
Email
Copyright © 2016 Eclipse Foundation, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
member.newsletter@xxxxxxxxxxx

You can
update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

This email was sent to eclipse.org-member-marketing@xxxxxxxxxxx
Eclipse Foundation · 102 Centrepointe Drive · Ottawa, On K2G 6B1 · Canada

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp

Back to the top