Eclipse Member Newsletter, October 2014 edition

To read this newsletter online, go to https://www.eclipse.org/community/newsletter/2014/2014October.html

October 7, 2014

Foundation Updates in This Issue

EclipseCon Europe Is Almost Here!

ECE 2014 logoEclipseCon Europe begins this month, and it will be packed full of opportunities to learn, share, network, and just have fun. And there's still time to save money on registration; sign up by Friday, October 24.
There's an amazing number of special features this year: the Unconference and BPM Day on October 27, and the Papyrus and Modeling Summit, Project Quality Day, and the IoT Playground during the main conference. And for the third year, we are co-locating with OSGi Community Event. You won't want to miss this one! We'll see you soon in Ludwigsburg.

New Friend of Eclipse Program Launched

friends logoWe're pleased to announce that we have given our Friend of Eclipse program a much needed make-over! We added a new reward level at $100 called "Best Friend" that includes a T-shirt and discount on EclipseCons, as well as the regular Friend benefits. We also added an O'Reilly discount as a benefit to the "Friend" level.
More...

Submit a Talk for EclipseCon North America

Econ NA 2015 logoSubmissions are open for EclipseCon North America, planned for March 9-12, 2015 at the Hyatt San Francisco Airport. This year's Theme Days include CDT, IoT, PolarSys, Science and Xtext.

The early-bird deadline is November 3, with all submissions due by November 17.

Call for DemoCamps

DemoCamp logoCheck out the new DemoCamp page, complete with map, and then think about organizing one in your area, or attending one close by.

If a hackathon sounds interesting, we encourage those too!

Recent Project Proposals

score
Score aims to provide an open-source, generic orchestration engine that can be used in multiple environments and scenarios such as cloud setup and maintenance, build systems, QA, and more.
More...
Leshan
The Eclipse Leshan project provides a complete infrastructure for building IoT solutions using OMA LWM2M and the Java programming language.
More...
IoT Information Model Repository
The goal of the IoT Information Model Repository project (IoTIMR) is to push for the standardization of IoT information models.
More...
Proteus Android Tooling
The scope of the Proteus Android Tooling project is to develop and maintain technologies for creating Android applications.
More...

New Solutions Members

Contrast Security

DB NETZ AG

Bertrandt

Email us to take advantage of the opportunity to promote your Eclipse training or other Eclipse event on the Events Map!
Eclipse Events Map

Eclipse Day Italy
October 8, 2014
Genoa, Italy

Eclipse Unconference
October 27, 2014
Ludwigsburg, Germany

EclipseCon Europe /
OSGi Community Event 2014

October 28-30, 2014
Ludwigsburg, Germany

Eclipse Day China
October 29, 2014
Beijing, China

Eclipse Finance Day
October 30, 2014
Zurich, Switzerland

Make an Offer
To Eclipse Members

Promote your special offer to other Eclipse members in future issues of this newsletter. If you have a product discount, event coupon, free trial or other special deal to offer, submit your posting to the Member 2 Member Marketplace.

Submit a Member 2 Member Offer

Contact the Editor