Eclipse Marketing Call Minutes from Jul. 14

Eclipse Marketing Call Minutes

July 14, 2009 at 12:00 pm EST

Next Call: August 11, 2009 at 12:00 pm EST

Dial 1-866-362-7064 or +1 613-287-8000

Pass code 880932

Attended:  Pieter Humphrey (Oracle), Lynn Gayowski (Eclipse), Ian Skerrett (Eclipse), Mary Wuertz (Innovations Software)

FOUNDATION UPDATES (see below for information that was given on each event):

1. Galileo activities

2. Eclipse Summit Europe

3. Upcoming marketing plans

1. Galileo activities

http://www.eclipse.org/galileo

-29 DemoCamps were held in 15 countries http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_DemoCamps_Galileo_2009

-Had a total of over 1,400 attendees – our highest ever, averaging 49 people per DemoCamp

-Plan to run another series in November

-The Galileo In Action virtual conference on June 26 received 1,022 registrations

-479 people attended live over the 5-hour conference, with the average attendee watching for 2 hours

-The recording should be up in another week

-The blogathon has received over 80 entries http://www.eclipse.org/galileo/blogathon/reviews.php

-Closes on July 31

-Galileo Birds Nest on Twitter has 960 followers

-On the day of Galileo, there were 240+ tweets from 155 people tagging #eclipse35

-Overall the Galileo press coverage was very good

-The changes to the members’ distro program have improved download traffic for our members http://www.eclipse.org/membership/special_programs/member-downloads-program.php

2. Eclipse Summit Europe

http://www.eclipsesummit.org

October 27-29. 2009

Ludwigsburg, Germany

-The call for papers is open until August 18, 2009 http://www.eclipsecon.org/summiteurope2009/submissions

-2 sponsor spots on the exhibit hall’s upper level are still open, plus spots are available on the lower level http://www.eclipsecon.org/summiteurope2009/sponsorship/

3. Upcoming Marketing Plans

-Other Eclipse Days are in the works, including 2 in North America around November (more info on organizing an Eclipse Day is at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_Day)

-We’re currently redoing the Eclipse PlugIn Central website and will rebrand to “Eclipse Marketplace”

-An announcement on E4 will be out soon – there is a new release this month

Regards,

Lynn Gayowski

Marketing Events Manager

Eclipse Foundation, Inc.