Evans Data Eclipse Survey Summary

All,

Evans Data has completed the third annual Eclipse survey.   The Eclipse Foundation is making available a summary of the survey to all member companies. You can find a copy of this summary at http://wiki.eclipse.org/images/d/df/EDC_SurveyPreso_public_version.pdf.    The complete survey is available to companies that sponsored the project.

When reviewing the survey, I would like to draw special attention to page 3 of the document, title “Preface’.   You will notice that the survey completed last year, in 2006, was skewed by a large number of respondents from employees of very large companies.   Therefore, when you look at the trending information over the three years, I would encourage you to take this into consideration.

Finally, I’d like to remind everyone that additional market research surveys can be found on the Eclipse Wiki at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Marketing_Resources#RESEARCH

Thanks

Ian

Ian Skerrett