Re: [eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] Community Outreach

Hi Roxanne,

attached please find the required information:

1) Alexander Nyßen, itemis AG, "Alexander Nyßen is active committer of the Eclipse Graphical Editing Framework (GEF) project and a regular contributor to various Eclipse modeling projects. He is strongly committed to Eclipse and regularly attends and speaks at EclipseCon conferences and Eclipse demo camps."

2) Talks I think will be interesting to attend, and why I think this is the case:
+ The Future of Eclipse (http://www.eclipsecon.org/europe2012/sessions/eclipse-5): "because we should all be concerned about the future of our platform"
+ JavaFX 2.1 Renderer for the Eclipse 4 Application Platform: A Perfect Marriage? (http://www.eclipsecon.org/europe2012/sessions/javafx-21-renderer-eclipse-4-application-platform-perfect-marriage): "because JavaFX might become a true alternative to SWT."
+ EMFCompare 2.0: Scaling to Millions (http://www.eclipsecon.org/europe2012/sessions/emfcompare-20-scaling-millions): "because model comparison is one of the major modeling concerns that have not been satisfactory solved by Eclipse yet, and this seems to be a promising approach to overcome this."
+ E++: Migrating Plug-ins from Eclipse 3.x to 4.2 (http://www.eclipsecon.org/europe2012/sessions/e-migrating-plug-ins-eclipse-3x-42): "because e4 is the way to go - for all of us."
+ m2e, an exercise in mixing oil and water (http://www.eclipsecon.org/europe2012/sessions/m2e-exercise-mixing-oil-and-water): "because Maven/Tycho is the only alternative for release engineering and profound IDE support for it is a major concern."

Please feed back, in case you need more ...

Cheers
Alexander