Re: [eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] Reconsidering Talks discussion

Hi guys,

if we have the problem of getting good talks in, then I would agree to limit the number of talks we accept per person/company, while dropping good talks in order to include bad ones IMHO sounds a bit strange.

In general I more agree to limiting the number of talks we accept per individual person (because I think we should try to reach a diversity of speakers) than to limiting the number of the talks we accept per company (and I do not say this because I am unaffacted in the first and affected in the latter case). In case the contributions related to a company are provided by different people and are dealing with different topics (which is mostly the case with itemis, where people from EMF, RMF, GEF, Sphinx, and Xtext/Xtend are involved), people should probably not be discriminated because they work for the same employer. However, if this is to be done to indicate that we strongly encourage diversity, I can live with that. As I am personally affected I will however not vote for any itemis talks to drop and will thus leave this to you guys. Concerning the Obeo talk and Christian's proposal (Why is OSGi dynamic), I would agree to the selections.

Concerning the "Desktop apps...", "Jnario...", and "Now that I've Got a Model..." extended talks, I would opt for leaving them all extended. I am personally convinced that a good program manifests itself in quality, not quantity. As such, I would rather spend additional time for "quality" talks than trying to include as much talks as we can.

Cheers
Alexander